I have written about my love affair with The Best for Babes Foundation here, here, here and here. Bettina and Danielle work tirelessly to help moms like you "beat the booby traps" - the cultural and institutional barriers that prevent moms from achieving their personal breastfeeding goals. Today, however, I am asking YOU to help THEM.
They are currently "sitting pretty" to receive a donation of $20,000 from the Chase Community Giving Program to support their cause, but NEED YOUR VOTE to maintain their position in the top 200 until the contest closes at midnight EDT on Monday, July 12, 2010! This will take no more than two minutes of your time and will benefit moms and babies everywhere today and in the future.
So if you are on Facebook, please add the Chase app so you can vote for them, share the link on your profile and rally your friends any way you can so they will vote too! (I know, I don't like adding apps either, but after voting I just went to Account, Application settings (top right of your FB page) and clicked on the "X" beside the Chase app to remove it - EASY PEASY!)
Why did I vote for Best for Babes? Well aside from the aforementioned love affair, they got my vote (and should get yours too) because they:
- inspire, prepare & empower moms - to give breastfeeding a makeover and give moms the solutions they need to make it work!
- believe ALL moms deserve to make an informed feeding decision, & to be cheered on, coached and celebrated without pressure, judgment or guilt, whether they breastfeed for 2 days, 2 months 2 years, or not at all.
- put pressure on the booby traps, not moms, so that they can achieve their personal breastfeeding goals!
- are raising awareness of the WHO Code and how violations hurt both breastfeeding and formula-feeding moms
- interview breastfeeding celebrities like Gossip Girl actress Kelly Rutherford to help bring breastfeeding back into the mainstream
- attract moms on the fence about breastfeeding with positive images (see above), information and resources
- boost & complement the efforts of the entire breastfeeding movement, including the United States Breastfeeding Committee, the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, Baby-Friendly Hospitals, and many more
- are funded entirely by WHO Code compliant sponsors with all individual donations going directly towards education & outreach
- educate & influence the media
- are building the “mother of all causes” through grassroots and social media such as Facebook and Twitter to restore breastfeeding to its rightful place among highly visible disease foundations like Komen, American Heart Association and the Juvenile Diabetes foundation because breastfeeding lowers the risk of all these diseases and many more, plus it reduces the burden on the environment!
- are the only non-profit that is running a modern and innovative ad campaign that has the potential to reach millions of moms. With the CHASE community giving grant, they can leverage donated media space and run the campaign on billboards across the country for a fraction of the regular cost AND get more celebrity interviews that will put this issue on the map of the media and the mainstream in a positive and game-changing way.
Now GO VOTE! Thank you. :-)
Tags: breastfeeding, 'chase community', 'best for babes', 'who code', 'breastfeeding celebrities'blog comments powered by Disqus